I’m not sure that I can go back to catch up over the past two years, but I can try to be a bit better about posting info on recent happenings.
Earlier this month, we took a trip, and like many of our travel arrangements, it was more of a whirlwind adventure than a vacation. We were gone for (I think) 10 days, and in that time we Lodged in the following locations:
- Port Townsend, WA (a visit to Eli & Ariel)
- Seattle, WA (a visit with Sierra, plus a regional business function. The dive lodging was, er, interesting.)
- Carson City, NV (3 nights with family & mini-visits to South Tahoe and Reno.)
- San Diego, CA (meet up with the McGoey’s and a night on the beach)
- Anaheim/Fullerton, CA (a day at California Adventure Park)
- Laguna Hills, CA (after a day at Disneyland)
- San Diego, CA (2 nights! A visit with Zori, beach time, great food, more business functions, shopping & more)
So, yeah, lots of places, short visits, tons of fun. After all, on the Saturday of the trip, it was Heather’s birthday! We found a pretty amazing vegetarian spot somewhere in San Diego, and it was so good we’re planning a return trip sometime for more fake duck. Ha!
I love that kind of travel, though if I had my druthers, I’d make the return ticket open ended so we could travel until we were tired of travelling. With such a varied schedule, it felt a bit like coming home was just the next stop in the jumps around the west coast. I’m glad to be back home in my own bed with our (as of late) beautiful & brisk weather.